Lunes, Oktubre 14, 2013


My Modern-Day Hero
           
               In epics, a hero is a superman-like monster or evil-killing person. In novels about romance, a hero is mostly to save a man or a woman from any unlikely circumstances. This is now a modern world. A hero is not only one who slays monsters or saves lives. A hero is a person who is able to influence another.

               For me, my father affects my life. He is a role model and a hero to me and to any body. My father is a statistician, a vice president of a university, a doctor of education, an administrator of some National, local, or large organizations, a professor, and especially, a teacher. He is a superman, and literally, a "Super Mario".

               Some ordinary people can be more courageous than epic heroes, just like Odysseus. Odysseus takes risks. My father also sometimes takes risks. Once, he risked allowing me to join a "Beauty, Brains, Talent and Popularity" Competition. I was convinced  by teachers and students to represent my homeroom, not knowing that was already close to pure popularity. I should have swallowed what my parents said but i just wanted to try. The trust of my father to me was reverted in no time, of course, I am still his daughter he loves so much.

               Just like Odysseus relieved his sailors and his son, my father helps me, my siblings my family his men and a lot of students and teachers. He is a great helper in such a way that he teaches and inspires people. He helps his students, who are teachers, in passing their doctorate degree. He helps them in their theses and suggests a lot. In programs in their university, he usually delivers speeches and inspirational messages. He also helps less fortunate relatives and neighbors in studying, especially, in the financial aspects. He does not think much of what ever's left, he just thinks of helping people and sharing even just a bit. Because, he knows, that he and my mother can work and receive the right amount, and others can not.

               Odysseus goes to wars and runs his kingdom so he can provide for his family and all of the citizens of Ithaca. My father provides also for his family. He studied master's degree at UP Diliman, and Ph.D. at De La Salle University for us. He attends seminars and shares what he knows and learns for his men in the University of Northern Philippines and in other organizations.

               To be a hero, you need not to slay monsters nor save lives, you just need to make a difference in others' lives. My father does so much, not only for his family, but also for other people. He is a great father, and a great man. He is similar and different to Odysseus. He is my modern-day hero.
             

This article was written and published with the help of this link.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento